It is that time of the year again! Getting ready for the holidays and wanting to decorate your house to get into the holiday spirit. December is just around the corner and one of the first things you will need, that you probably don’t have already, is an Advent Calendar! And not just any advent calendar, I am talking about a modern, put it on the wall, write whatever you want on it and reuse every year kind of advent calendar. Best of all, this is great for the adults and kids. Let’s be honest, the kids have been counting down to Christmas since last Christmas, so when they ask you one more time, “how many more days mommy?”, all you have to do is point them to this calendar! To kick it up a notch, you can make it into a lesson. Decide with your kids if you want to use them as just a countdown, or perhaps to remember holiday events, or even better, write down one good deed or something you are grateful for everyday! The possibilities are endless. Choose from our many styles where you get three sizes with every purchase 8×10, 16×20 and 24×36 so you can decide later what frame and size you want it to be. Start the countdown to Christmas right!
Step by step DIY Advent Calendar process:
- Pick your style:
2. Purchase on Etsy at just $7.95, download and print in any of the three sizes you want (all included with purchase!)
3. Pick out a frame to match your fabulous Christmas decor.
4. Voila! You have instantly made your own dry erase advent calendar. Find a dry erase marker to start filling it out!
5. Decide with your family how you want to use this calendar among the following merry ways:
- Cross off each day as you countdown to Christmas
- Write down all your holiday activities
- Write down one thing you are grateful for each day
- Make it a family activity and teach your kids to do one good deed each day
- Make it a desk calendar
6. Complete it, celebrate Christmas, be grateful, and put it away to reuse next year!
I hope this may start a new special tradition in your family. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!
If you want to share another way to use this calendar or even share your actual calendar and how you are using it with your family, please feel free to tag us on Instagram or Facebook at #ladesignboutique.